We all love hair when they look natural. However, sometimes we would like to have lighter or darker hair.
This time we will show you how to make a DIY simple mask to naturally light your hair and give it back that summer sensation we miss during winter time!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Distilled Water, 4 tablespoons.
- Honey, 1 tablespoon.
- Cardamom, 1 tablespoon.
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon.
You can adjust quantity basing on your needs as long as you respect proportions.
For this simple mask we chose ingredients that contain peroxide, a natural lightener.
-Mix in a bowl all the ingredients.
- Brush your hair and divide it in sections. You can wet it or let it dry, at your choice.
- Apply the mixture on all the length of your hair, avoiding the scalp.
- Let it rest for at least 1 hour, covering your hair with a shower or swim cap. - It is really important wearing a cover to let peroxide developing during the hour.
- Rinse well your hair and dry it.
Doing this process once per week, your hair will slightly go into a natural lighter shade.
This mask will make its job, being super gentle on your hair... and it also tastes delicious!
1. There are also other ingredients to light your hair, such as lemon and vinegar. Even if the purpose is the same, not all the natural ingredients work well together. In this particular recipe we do not suggest to add any acidic power, as the weak stability of peroxide can be compromised in an acid ph. - you can loose the lighten properties.
2. It is recommended to preserve olive oil in dark bottle and shaded place, so to keep alive all its moisturizing and nourishing properties.
3. If you don't have cardamom, you can replace it with cinnamon as they both contain peroxide - the active ingredient of this mask. We recommend cardamom as it has more peroxide and it is less agressive on hair.
4. Try this mask before using "KRAFTLii natural shampoo bar for blondes" to boost the power!